7 Powerful Editing Options
Do you want to add text to photo free of charge? Great! Then, you’ve come to the right place. Watermarkly is a free app that works online. In out browser-based app, you can quickly add text or even a logo to a single photo. Do you need to process a batch of several images in one go? We’ve got you covered, too! This can be done with our watermarking app on this page.
Since our "Add text to photo" app has an excellent set of powerful tools for editing, you will be able to design one or several strings of text that will be unrivalled, personalized and reflect your brand’s style.
You’ll have the following features to work with:
- Select a font. Our app includes a vastly varied library of around 926 fonts for you to choose from. Please note that the availability of fonts depends on the language that you want to use for your text.
- Pick a color. The color wheel in our app grants you the opportunity to choose any shade and hue of any color. You can also type in the HEX color code, if you know it, in the input area to get the exact color you want.
- Resize. Make your text as large or as small as you want.
- Repeat your text throughout the entire image. With the help of the Tile feature, you can fill your photo with the repeated string of your text. There are two types of tile in our app – Diagonal and Straight. The Diagonal produces strings of text that are positioned checker-wise, while with the Straight, you’ll get parallel strings of repeated text. When this feature is enabled, a new slider shows up – it allows you to change the space between the repeated strings of text.
- Change opacity. Your text can be opaque and perfectly visible or almost transparent and unobtrusive. It can also be somewhere in between. Just toggle the Opacity slider and see which result you like the best.
- Rotate text. Your string of text can be positioned diagonally, vertically, or even upside down. The angle of rotation can be changed by toggling the slider or by double clicking on the indicator of the degree and entering any number from 0 to 360.
- Add an effect. Our app offers over 20 effects that you can use to jazz up your text or logo – try out all of them and see which one fits better. For example, you can add a shadow effect to make your text more prominent and subtly separated from a light-colored background.
How to Add Text to Photo Online with Watermarkly
Our tools are available to everyone since they are free of charge and easy to master. Most of them can process one or several images at once.
How to Add Text to One Photo
Use our "Add text" app on this page to add text to a single image. Scroll to the top of the page, back to the app window and follow these steps:
- Import an image from your device or cloud storage. Your files can be dragged from a folder and dropped into the app. It is also possible to click on “Select Image” and choose one of the featured options. Your image will be uploaded in a second.
- Select the item - "Add Text" or "Add Logo" to proceed.
- Use the toolkit to design your text or logo.
- Click Save Image. The processed copy will be downloaded to your device in an instant.
“Add text to photo” allows you to work only with one image. It’s completely free and has no surprising in-app purchases. After your image is exported, you won’t see any additional logos or words that aren’t a part of your design.
How to Add Text to Multiple Photos at Once
If you need to add a logo or text to a batch of several images, you should use our online watermarking app. In the free version you can process up to 10 images at the same time. With this app, your workflow will be significantly sped up, since you will be able to add text to photos in mere minutes.
The sequence of actions in the watermarking app is the same as in our “Add text to photo” tool:
- Upload up to 10 pictures into the app. Import them from your computer, Dropbox, Google Drive, or Google Photo.
- Make sure that you have all the necessary images. If you want to upload another file, click on “Add images”. If you have a photo that you don’t want to process, hover the cursor over it and click on the "Basket" icon that will appear.
- Add text or logo. If you have done some work in the app before, you will be able to choose your text / logo from the list of previously used templates. However, if this is your first time using our app or you want something fresh and new, you can design your text / logo from scratch. Our editing toolkit will help you create something truly amazing.
- Proceed to the Export settings. Open the “Preview” section to see how your text / logo looks on each photo. Here, you can also drag your them to a different place as well as edit their size or the level of opacity. This can be done on all images except for the first one.
- Exit the Preview section. Once you are back in the Export setting, choose the file format for your processed copies – you can keep the original format or pick another one from the drop-down menu. You also have the ability to set a different size for your copies, if necessary. Check the box next to "Same watermark size in pixels for all images", if you want to enable this feature.
- Click the "Save" button and select the folder where you want to download your images. You can export pictures to a cloud storage or your device. If you choose the latter, your photos will be downloaded in a zip archive. Please note that the processed photos will have the words "Protected with Watermarkly" added to them; it’s another limitation of the free version.
Use our watermarking app if you need to add text to multiple photos at once. It includes all the essential and powerful tools to make your text or logo look stunning. With our app, you can add text to photos for free anytime and anywhere!
Advantages of the Watermarkly Web App
With our online app, you’ll be able to add text to photos on iPhone and Android devices, Mac, and Windows computers. It is a mighty, yet uncomplicated tool that anyone can use. You don't need to enter your email or phone number to get started. If you have only 10 files to work with, it won’t be necessary for you to buy a license. The app works online in your browser, so you won’t have to install any software or plugins.
Working with Watermarkly is as simple, fast, and convenient as possible!
People choose our online tools because:
- Watermarkly guarantees the safety and security of users’ data and files. We do not store copies of your images on our servers. We don’t have access to any of your files. We do not ask for any confidential information. Your privacy will never be violated.
- Working in Watermarkly is fast. You can add text to photo online in any place, where there’s internet. Your images will instantly be uploaded and exported. Editing process will also be free of any lagging. If you have a previously designed template, then the entire process of adding text or logo to 10 photos will take you only a couple of minutes.
- Watermarkly can be installed as a standalone app on your smartphone. If you don’t want to work in a browser on your phone, you can download our watermarking app in App Store or Play Market. Please note that the rest of our online tools, like “Add Text to Photo” or “Crop Image” are available only on our website and work in a browser. But if you want to add text or logo to several photos, our watermarking app will be the perfect choice for you.
- Watermarkly won’t take up much space on your device. And our web tools will barely take any space at all, since they work in your browser! It means that you can start right away. However, you will still need to have some space in your memory to save the processed images.
If you have any questions, you can contact our support team. However, we recommend checking out the information provided below, in case the answer to your question has already been given.
Is it true that you can add text to photos for free in your app?
Yes, it is. You can see for yourself! Scroll back to the top of the page and upload a photo into the app, then add a string of text or logo and design them with the help of our editing toolkit. You won’t have to register or buy a subscription to either use any of the tools or download the final result.
How to add text to a photo on iPhone using Watermarkly?
You have two options. The first option is to download our watermarking mobile app for iPhone through the App Store. This will allow you to process up to 10 images in one go. The second option is to use our free online tool “Add text to photo”, which works in a browser. However, the batch processing feature is missing in it – you will be able to work with only one image at a time. If your phone does not have enough memory to install an app, you can use the tool on our website.
How do I add text to a JPEG image?
Our web app allows you to upload pictures in any format, including JPEG. Just import them from a folder on your device or from Google Drive/Goggle Photos/ Dropbox. Moreover, it is possible to upload an image of a different format and then export it as JPEG.
Which app is the best to add text to pictures?
It entirely depends on your needs. Before you begin your search, we recommend asking yourself the following questions:
- What do you want your text to look like? Do you want to make your text 3D or add any other complex effects? Does it have to wow people? If the answer is yes, then you’ll definitely need a professional editing software like Photoshop. However, if you want simple and effective results, and you don’t have any editing skills, then our app might be a good choice.
- Do you want to work online or offline? Do you want to install anything? Our app allows you to add text to photos online, so it’s crucial that you have the internet connection. But if you don’t want to rely on the Internet all the time – if you want to have a bit more flexibility – then you might opt for a standalone mobile app or offline, desktop software.
These questions will surely narrow down your search.
Most importantly, you should explore and try out all the features of different applications. For example, you can start with Watermarkly!